Kitchen Cleaning Tips!
While cleaning my house one day I seriously contemplated rewriting the "Rules of Housekeeping!"The expectation to keep our homes clean is achievable but needs to be more convenient and take less time and hopefully will be with these Kitchen Cleaning Tips. The busy schedule of today’s Modern Mom doesn’t leave much time to brush hair, nevermind scrub walls.
According to the Soap and Detergent Association:
So not only are we busier than the 50’s Mom, with less time to clean the way they did, we are also using the same old chemicals they used.
Learn a natural and an easier way to clean with these Natural Kitchen Cleaning Tips.
Natural Cleaning Tips from “Modern Betty” for the kitchen:
Hot water allows volatile chemicals found in many dish soaps and chemical cleaners to evaporate more easily and enter the air in greater amounts.
· Use warm water to help keep chemicals your using more contained when you are washing the dishes.
Sprinkle Modern Betty’s Scouring Powder on baked on food and activate with Modern Betty’s “One & Only.” Let sit for a few minutes and wash to remove stuck on food.
Find Modern Betty Products here!
Do not open the dishwasher during it’s cycle. Harmful VOCs from phosphate and other potentially harmful chemicals will be released at a higher concentration in the air through the steam released.
For odours in the dishwasher, sprinkle ½ cup of baking soda on the bottom to absorb the foul smell.
Use Modern Betty’s “One & Only” to clean every square inch of your fridge, inside and out.
Add 4 tbsp of “One & Only” to 4 litres of warm water in your kitchen sink to wash the plastic basins.
Don’t forget to clean the top of the fridge where dust and grease accumulate.
· Sprinkle Modern Betty’s Scouring Powder followed by a couple of squirts of “One & Only” and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth!
Find Modern Betty Products to accompany these Natural Cleaning Tips here!
All stovetops can be effectively cleaned with a sprinkle of Modern Betty’s Scouring Powder followed by enough “One & Only” to activate the baking soda – it will start to bubble a little. Let this sit for just a minute and use a microfiber cloth or a Scrubbie to wipe clean!
· After the oven is turned off, pour salt on the spill and let it sit until it cools. Remove salt with a spatula and wipe clean with Modern Betty’s “One & Only.”
To effectively clean a Microwave:
· Put a small bowl of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water in the microwave for one minute. Easily wipe away splattered food with a microfiber cloth.
Garburate a handful of ice cubes and ½ cup baking soda with a few lemon or orange peelings ever so often to eliminate odours.
Use cold water when using the garburator to solidify greasy and fatty pieces of food. This will chop it up better and send it down the drain.
Natural Kitchen Cleaning Tips:
· Fill one spray bottle with White Vinegar.
· Fill another bottle with Hydrogen Peroxide.
· Use this combination in any order to sanitize.
o (Please note: do not mix vinegar & hydrogen peroxide in same bottle as this creates peracetic acid, although mild, will create pressure in the bottle and may explode)
This is a natural alternative to kill bacteria such as e.coli and salmonella. It is more effective than using bleach and is ten times more powerful than using only undiluted vinegar.
· This dynamic duo will sanitize your cutting boards, kitchen sinks and toilets. It is also an excellent fruit and veggie wash. Just give a quick rinse before eating. I use it everyday.
Peroxide and Vinegar Combo to assist with these Kitchen Cleaning Tips!
Although marble seems indestructible, it is actually porous and should be treated with care. If you have marble in your home only use a gentle liquid soap and water. Never use acidic ingredients like vinegar, or lemon.
For this Natural Cleaning Tip:*You can request Modern Betty’s “One & Only” without vinegar to clean marble surfaces.
These Natural Kitchen Cleaning Tips will help you keep your kitchen safe and clean!
Back to Natural Cleaning Tips