Modern Betty: Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients!
I want the best for my family! In the past I have always had the best of intentions as I cleaned, decorated and renovated our home. Little did I know I was inadvertently polluting our home with a cocktail of chemicals and poisons that may have been potentially harmful to my family’s health.
The moment I decided to begin Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients, I wanted to know the Effectiveness of Natural Ingredients, their safety and how to use them. Here is a list of Natural Ingredients I use in Modern Betty Products with some interesting facts about each one:
· Is extremely versatile, the Ultimate All Natural Cleaner!
· Contains acetic acid. Bacteria thrive at a pH of 4.6 and by creating an acidic environment it makes it difficult for them to grow.
· Cuts grease.
· Removes mildew, odours, stains, wax build up and cuts through soap residue.
· Heinz company spokesperson Michael Mullen reports—vinegar kills:
* 99 percent of bacteria,
* 82 percent of mold, and
* 80 percent of germs (viruses).
o He noted that Heinz can’t claim on their packaging that vinegar is a disinfectant since the company has not registered it as a pesticide with the Environmental Protection Agency.
Facts on Antibacterials and Disinfectants Chemical Cleaners.
· Sodium Bicarbonate is also a versatile All Natural Cleaner!
· Cleans, deodorizes, softens water.
· Use as a mild abrasive.
· Adding baking soda to vinegar adds extra cleaning power to any surface, especially toilets, kitchen sinks and drains! The ingredients dissolve into carbon dioxide and water.
· Biodegradable: made from vegetables and dissolves more completely than plain soap.
· Removes dirt by dissolving oils that bind dirt to surfaces.
· Very gentle and does not form hard soap scum.
· An antibacterial because it can absorb oil and through a dehydration process destroys bacteria when combined with water.
· A Power Cleaner: A Great Grease Buster!
· A great abrasive cleaner.
A Great Natural Alternative to Bleach!!!!
· Non-toxic and is good for the environment since it breaks down into water and oxygen.
· Oxidizes soils and stains and kills odor causing bacteria.
· A mild bleaching agent: Mix with water and apply to stains.
· A great Natural Alternative to polish your wood furniture and leather!
· Adds luster with no harmful chemical residues.
The Importance of Dusting your Home from Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients!
· Water at it’s purest!
· Water that has virtually all of its impurities removed through distillation. Distillation involves boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean container, leaving most if not all solid contaminants behind.
· It is important to use Distilled Water in Natural Cleaners because minerals can inhibit the cleaning action of the castile soap.
· Sodium Borate – A naturally occurring mineral salt.
· Cleans, Deoderizes, and Disinfects.
· Softens water.
Use Borax in your own Natural Laundry Soap Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients!
· Are subtle, volatile liquids distilled from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes and seeds.
· Obtained through steam distillation by passing steam through the plant material and condensing the steam to separate the oil from the plant.
· Has great Antiseptic, Antibacterial, Antimicrobial and Antiviral Properties.
· Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients and Aromatherapy have become partners to make cleaning more enjoyable, knowing our health and environment are not in harm’s way.
I believe it is time to go “Back to the Basics” in terms of Cleaning our Homes. Approach your home by Cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients! It is a gentle but effective way to care for your possessions. Natural Cleaners do not require a lot of elbow grease when you approach cleaning as a task that takes place in small amounts very often. With the added benefits of Essential Oils, we will preserve our health as well as the environment. Natural Ingredients and simple techniques that are made convenient will enable you to keep your home squeaky clean and non-toxic.
How Effective are Natural Ingredients? Rethinking "Clean."
A question I am frequently asked is:
Do your cleaners require a lot of Elbow Grease?”
Here is my answer, “No!”
When you approach cleaning as a task that takes place very often in small amounts, there is no elbow grease required. (The use of Microfiber Cloths and “Scrubbies” help too!)
Microfiber: Modern Betty's Best Friend!
I cleanse and pamper my home cleaning with Natural Products made from Natural Ingredients. I feel I have been brought “Back to the Basics” not only because I use Natural Cleaners but because I no longer have chemical cleaners (nor will ever purchase chemical cleaners) for my home. This includes any product with Antibacterial or Disinfectant found on the label.
Modern Betty gently cares for your family and effectively cares for your possessions by providing products that are made of Natural Ingredients combined with simple techniques will keep your home squeaky clean and non-toxic.